Online casino roulette
Online roulette at a glance
What you need to know:
Vegas Palms offers a number of online roulette titles within its online casino games suite.
How it works:
Players place bets on a table split into 36 red and black blacks and one green black. A ball is then spun in a wheel with corresponding numbered titles. If the ball lands on a corresponding title to a player’s bet, the player wins.
Vegas Palms offers several variations of French, European and American online roulette. However, the single zero European table is traditionally regarded as the most popular.
Casino game quick links
Quickly navigate to other important table games:
The origins of roulette
The earliest recorded appearance of modern roulette dates back to around 1796 in the Palais Royal casino in Paris, France. This early form of the game did not feature the iconic green for the zero and double zero. Instead the single zero was red and the double, black.
The iconic green was added in the early 1800s to avoid confusion. Over 40 years later in 1843 in the German town of Bad Homburg, the double zero was dropped and the European roulette table was born. The American roulette table would take its final shape during the late 1890s with early variations offering a zero, double zero and an American Eagle.
How to play online roulette
The basics of online roulette are relatively easy to understand with advanced play requiring a knowledge of the vast selection of available bets.
Online roulette is comprised of two main parts, the betting table and the wheel. The betting table features 36 red and black numbers and one green zero split into blocks (European roulette). The roulette wheel features corresponding black, red and green numbers separated by bars.
Roulette gameplay is split into three main phases: betting, the spin and the payout.
During the betting phase players place bets by placing chips on one or several of the 37 (36 black and red and one green) available blocks on the table.
A small white ball is placed in the wheel and then the wheel is spun. Once the wheel comes to a rest, the number the white balls comes to rest on is the winning number.
If the block a player placed their bet on corresponds to the block that the white ball came to rest on, the player wins. Depending on the type of bet placed, a roulette payout can range from 1:1 for a Black or Red bet to 35:1 for a Straight Up bet.
Betting on online roulette
Online roulette features a wide variety of betting types for players to take advantage of. When deciding which bets to place it is important to understand that the key to a great roulette strategy is: to cover as much of the table as possible while hedging your bets to ensure you at least come out even.
The types of online roulette bets a player can be utilise are:
- Straight bet: A bet placed in the middle of one of the 37 numbered blocks.
- Split bet: A bet placed between two numbers that are adjacent.
- Corner bet: Placing a bet on the intersection of two lines so that a bet covers 4 numbers.
- Line bet: Placing a bet on 6 different numbers in 2 adjacent rows.
- Street bet: A bet placed on three different numbers that are displayed in a horizontal line.
- Column bet:Placing a bet that covers one of the three main columns.
- Dozen bet: Placing a bet on 1 of the 3 defined sets of a dozen numbers: 1 to 12, 3 to 24 and 25 to 36.
- Even/Odd bet: A bet predicated if the outcome will be an odd or even number.
- Black/Red bet: A bet predicting if the outcome will be red or black.
- High/Low bet: Placing a bet to predict if the outcome will be between 1 and 18 (low) or 19 and 36 (high).